during the Bukit Besi iron ore mining heydays of 1931 till its closure in 1973.
At its peak it had railway lines running from the Bukit Besi to Kuala Dungun
for transporting of iron ore and also passengers.
This new bridge linking Seberang Pintasan to Kuala Dungun
will according to plans laid out by the townplanners,
A fleet of fishing boats anchored at Dungun river mouth off Seberang Pintasan, view from the bridge..
Kuala Dungun from the new bridge.
The beautiful rocks of Seberang Pintasan viewed from here.
The Dungun Museum was build in 1941 as the District Officer resident
and during the Japanese occupation it served as the much feared Kempeitai
Heritage of Malaysia trust and will have to be rebuild under specified plans.
Mean while this one across the road is already in a crumbling dilapidated shape.
View Kuala Dungun in a larger map